Habit streaks are calculated based off the Habit's recurrence type, which can be:
- Occurring on certain days of the week or month
- Occurring a certain number of times a week
For both types, the streak count is the number of days the habit was completed.
Habits occurring on certain days of the week or month
You have until the end of today to maintain a streak. The end of day is based on the timezone on your user profile. Every night at 00:00 (based on the timezone on your user profile), all habit streaks are re-evaluated.
If switching timezones, there shouldn't be an issue, but if something does look weird, to recalculate the streak considering new timezone, you can:
- Wait until the nightly re-evaluation, which will use the new timezone
- Manually uncomplete and complete the habit again, so it recalculates the streak
- Use the Habit streak calculation tool
Habits occurring a certain number of times a week
You have until the end of the week to maintain a streak, granted it is still possible to reach the target number of completions.
For example, a habit set to 5 times per week and already completed 2 times on Monday and Tuesday:
- If the current day is Friday, the streak is maintained, as it can still be completed 3 more times, today (Friday), Saturday and Sunday, reaching the target of 5 times.
- If the current day is Saturday, the streak will break, as it can only be completed 2 more times, on Saturday and Sunday, totaling 4 times.
Future completions are not counted in a habit streak count. For example, if it is Wednesday and you have a habit completion for every day of the week (Monday - Sunday), the habit streak count will only be "3", as it will not count Thursday - Sunday's habit completions, as they are in the future.
Habit Completion Type Streak Effect
The streak calculation will take into consideration any habit completion that's habit completion type is set to not increment (maintain) the streak, or to break the streak.